Teach English in Canada, where the ESL market is the largest among English-speaking countries! Canadian cities are some of the most modern and peaceful in the world. Furthermore, most of Canada’s ESL institutes are recognized by Languages Canada, which sets the bar for management and instruction!
-Learn more about TEFL in Canada with the free Teach English in Canada Guide–
ILSC – Toronto
ILSC-Toronto is looking for experienced and dynamic English Teachers to work days or evenings, in a friendly, fast-paced environment.
ILSC’s offers a diverse range of English programs and courses to both adult and young English language learners. Our English language courses include the following general and specialized areas:
- Academic English
- Creative and Cultural English courses (ie. Filmmaking, Drama, Creative Arts)
- Business English
- Test Preparation (IELTS, Cambridge, TOIEC)
- Junior Programs (Teaching students aged 13-17)
We offer positions on an ongoing basis.
Teachers are expected to prepare lessons designed to increase students’ communicative language abilities in accordance with the ILSC Curriculum and Course Outlines.
All ESL teachers at ILSC must possess the following qualifications.
- a completed Bachelors degree
- a completed TESL certificate recognized by TESL Canada (or equivalent)
- Please indicate in your application that you possess the above qualifications. You will be asked to provide proof of completion as a condition of employment.
The Royal Canadian Institute of International Studies (RCIIS)
RCIIS is a mid-sized language school located in midtown Toronto. We are committed to the highest quality academics and focus on both speaking and general English skills. Our school environment is warm, open and accepting of all backgrounds and English levels. RCIIS fosters an environment where students feel safe and confident to speak English in and outside of the classroom.
We are currently seeking qualified ESL teachers for the summer season and beyond. These positions include morning, afternoon, and evening schedules with flexible starting times.
A teacher looking to work in our school can expect competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, paid marking hours and detailed teaching materials.
- Bachelor’s degree
- TESL Canada or TESL Ontario approved certification
- Native speaker
- Must be able to legally work in Canada
- Excellent English communication skills- both verbal and written
- Previous Experience teaching or tutoring considered an asset
- Previous experience working abroad is also desirable
Compensation: Starting rate is $20/hour and increases with time and student feedback.
Please send your resume and cover letter to our director Tong Zhang at [email protected]
Coentreprise Cité Caron
We are currently seeking a part-time ESL teacher for business adult clientele at various sites in Montreal.
Must have a university degree in Education or related field (translation, literature, creative writing, etc.), experience teaching English to adults, and a minimum of 120-hour TESOL/TEFL certificate.
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
Apply today with your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Berlitz offers instruction through various delivery platforms (face-to-face, virtual, online, mobile, study abroad) designed to teach the skills, to build confidence and to empower people to succeed on a global stage. We custom-design our programs to fit the specific needs of our clients, whether large or small corporations, individuals, young students or children.
We are seeking part and full-time language instructors to deliver lessons exclusively to federal government employees using the CEWP training program.
Additional responsibilities include:
– Maintaining good student records and profile cards up to date
– Participating in performance evaluation plan
– Properly integrating technology into teaching programs
- Must have at least one year experience teaching English to adults
- Eligible to work in Canada (required)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, (required)
- Experience teaching CEWP program (an good asset)
- Access to a vehicle (a good asset)
- Exceptional communication skills in English.
- Speak the required language at idiomatic fluency level.
- Interactive and motivated instructors comfortable working in a diverse environment on a flexible schedule.
Salary: $17.00 /hour
Please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Liaison Training Centre
Liaison Training Centre, located in Montreal, Canada, has an immediate need for qualified full and part-time EFL/ESL teachers in addition to applicants with experience teaching TOEFL and TOEIC.
We encourage those interested in teaching private one-on-one ( upper intermediate and advanced levels) lessons (from 2 to 20 hours per week) and/or substituting to apply.
- You must currently live in Canada.
- You must have permission to work in Canada.
- At least 3 years teaching experience
- An MA or a BA with TESOL/TEFL certification.
Please apply by e-mail to Liaison Training Centre, stating the ESL area which you would be most interested in working.
Please note that due to the large number of responses we receive on a daily basis, we will only consider resumes from those currently living or working in Canada.
Norquest is currently seeking a ESL Consultant to provide mentorship and professional development to rural and small urban ESL providers. Included in your role would be to provide webinars, building relationships with the community, develop , deliver and revise presentations, along with several other duties. Master in TESL is preferred. Preference given to a candidate familiar with this program, a candidate who has experience delivering online workshops, who has knowledge of Canadian Language Benchmarks and ATESL, familiar with all Microsoft programs. Must have your own vehicle. Communication with clients happens by phone, computer and in-person. Salary is based on experience and education. Apply today!
Hanson Canada is seeking a Language School Director to take on several duties for the school. Included in these duties are: developing strategies to meet market needs, review and launch existing language programs as a corporate training program, expand and maintain the agent team, collaborate with the marketing team to maintain high ESL enrolment, develop and promote TESL training program, attend industry events to promote Hanson School’s programming. More information about duties, qualifications and benefits can be found here.
Anne’s Language House
ANNE’S Language House (ALH) is seeking a qualified and experienced part-time English teacher, for 3-5 weeks, who has passion and skill to instruct English to international students.
We are small and private ESL school in Calgary, Alberta with intimate-sized classes to ensure every student actively engages in class.
Start date: April 8, 2019
Applicants MUST have:
- TESL Canada Level One Professional certification or the equivalent*
- Min. of 2-year teaching experience as an ESL teacher
- Enthusiasm for teaching
- A university degree
- Great communication skills including in both conversation and written
- Teamwork-oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to empathize with students from various cultures and backgrounds
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Basic computer skills
- 2 years teaching experience is preferred
*Please specify your certification on your resume.
This is a substitute position with the potential for full-time hours.
Hourly wage: $22+ / hour
Live-In ESL Teacher and Counselor
Tamwood operates 7 award winning summer camps in North America and is looking for live-in teachers at the following locations:
Toronto (June 26 to Aug 13, 2019)
Whistler (June 26 to Aug 6, 2019)
Montreal (June 26 to Aug 6, 2019)
Boston (June 26 to Aug 6, 2019)
Los Angeles (June 26 to Aug 13, 2019)
San Jose (July 3 to Aug 13, 2019)
Founded in 1992, Tamwood International College is a privately owned company that operates a number of carefully designed and managed Summer Camps. We run these camps across Canada (Vancouver, Whistler, Toronto and Montreal) and the United States (Boston, San Jose, and Los Angeles). Tamwood’s junior programs are run under a separate division called Tamwood International Camps. These camps offer young students between the ages of 7 and 17 the chance to learn a new language, develop new skills, make friends from around the world, and create memories that will last a lifetime. In 2018, we had over 1,800 students from over 30 countries.
Conducting initial assessments of all student upon entering the program for Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing skills using the STEP framework for assessment.
Preparing for class, including printing resources and requesting materials for activities.
Planning and delivering daily lessons that meet the needs of all students.
Fostering an environment of inclusion, support and respect in the classroom.
Upholding a ‘growth mindset’ and a commitment to life-long learning.
Maintaining an “English Only” policy in your classroom and throughout the camp day.
Preparing weekly progress reports and individualized comments for students assessing then on Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing using the STEP Framework.
Preparing graduation certificates for all students.
• Managing camper behavior in residence, during activities, excursions and meal times.
• Encouraging campers to be on-time and prepared for all daily activities
• Supporting campers with inclusion within counselor group and the camp community
• Generating and maintaining enthusiasm for all components to camp program
• Participating in all evening programs, excursions, and daily activities
• Attending all meetings as scheduled by the Camp Administrative Team
• Monitoring campers’ health including nutrition, hydration, sun protection and overall wellness
Undergraduate degree in Education or other relevant discipline
ESL Specialist Certificate or TESL Training
A minimum of one year teaching experience (International or ESL Teaching experience is an asset)
Experience with ESL assessments is an asset
Excellent written communication skills to document student progress and records
Have the ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive issues with tact and discretion
Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills, ability to work independently and within a team
Ability to work under pressure with changing priorities and to meet deadlines
MS Office experience (advanced excel and word)
Must have valid First Aid and CPR C certifications by June 1st
Summer Camp hiring is currently ongoing and applications will be processed as they are received. Preference will be given to applications submitted applications before March 1st
To Apply Online: https://tamwood.campintouch.com/ui/forms/application/staff/App
For more information or questions email Dana Fallis at [email protected].
Quest Language Studies
Quest now accepting applications for teaching positions in downtown Toronto. We are seeking creative, enthusiastic and experienced ESL teachers for short-term, long-term and substitute positions to begin shortly.
All applicants must have an excellent knowledge/command of grammar, have an understanding of communicative language techniques, hold a degree (BA) and be TESL Canada or TESL Ontario (or the equivalent) certified.
Experience teaching exam preparation courses — IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge (CAE & FCE), TOEIC is considered an asset.
Rate: $22.00 to $25.00
If you meet these requirements, please forward your resumé to [email protected].
Thank you for your application. Please keep in mind that only select candidates will be chosen for an interview.
Global Village Toronto
Join the best teaching team in Toronto!
Global Village Toronto is one of the largest, private, English as a Second Language schools in Toronto, committed to the highest quality academics and services.
We are currently seeking qualified ESL teachers.
We offer teachers competitive wages, paid prep time, benefits, a mentor teacher program, a comprehensive curriculum, a comfortable, fun atmosphere and a great team environment.
Requirements: Teachers must have a B. A. degree or 3 year College Diploma, a TESL certificate, and a min. of one year experience teaching. Experience teaching IELTS, Cambridge Test Preparation, EAP is an asset.
Global Village is seeking individuals committed to our values: quality, integrity, customer service, fun, teamwork, and resourcefulness.
Please send your resume and cover letter to our Assistant Director of Studies, Sabrina Russo, at [email protected]
For more information about Global Village English Centres at:
EC Montreal English Language School
EC Montreal English Language School is hiring ESL teachers. Teachers are responsible for classroom instruction, student assessment and tutorials. The teacher is also responsible for seeking ways to consistently and continually develop professionally.
- Establish a positive learning environment for all learners. Ensure students feel supported and encouraged to take risks with the language.
- Create motivating and engaging lesson plans focused on learning and progress.
- Complete all administrative duties efficently.
- Works and participates professionally in the administrative team and teaching team
- Participates in in-company and industry events and promotes and facilitates best practice through active collaboration with other EC teachers.
- Completes class administration efficiently including: Records of Work, student attendance, Student assessment reports
- Set and mark homework and tests
- Attends meetings and training sessions
- Seeks feedback from students, peers and manager
- Willing and able to provide occasional substitute coverage
- Participate in CPD events
- Conduct peer observations
- Stays informed on school policies and company aims
- Continually checks work notices and announcements
- TESOL Certificate
- Demonstrated ability to plan and deliver high quality lessons
- Demonstrated ability to work with technology in the classroom and in an administrative capacity
- Preferred: experience studying or working abroad
- Passion and can-do mindset
Kaplan KIE in Toronto is currently seeking ESL instructors on a part time and full time basis. We are seeking teachers who can maintain responsibility for all aspects of classroom management within their classes. In addition, we are looking for teachers who can adhere to the Kaplan curriculum while supporting students to achieve their academic goals. This is done through English language instruction and preparation for standardized tests. We are seeking charismatic, experienced and talented teachers who can provide students with an outstanding educational experience.
Key Job Responsibilities Include:
- Teaching classes using the Kaplan curriculum, across multiple levels, as assigned
- Preparing lessons according to established syllabus
- Maintaining an atmosphere conducive to learning, including maintaining classroom facilities
- Maintaining accurate record keeping for daily attendance and student performance
- Attending staff meetings and workshops; participating in ongoing training programs
- Becoming familiar with and adhere to company policies and procedures
- Tutor students as assigned and if available
- Liaise with academic supervisor to improve delivery of Kaplan academic
Minimum Requirements include:
Outstanding skills in creating a dynamic, interactive classroom experience
Must be authorized to work in Canada
- 3+ years of experience teaching ESL in a group setting
- Experience with industry, international students and/ or overseas teaching experience
- One or more foreign language ability
Learning Tree Tutors
Learning Tree Tutors is seeking qualified ESL Tutors for 1-on-1 tutoring to work on a casual basis. Tutors travel to student homes for tutoring. Hours will vary depending on the number of students teachers wish to accept and what assignments are currently available at your location.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Graduation from TESL Ontario or TESL Canada approved program/
- Experience teaching or tutoring
- Native speaker/standard accent
- Experience with Accent Reduction is desirable
- Experience with IELTS or CELPIP or TOEFL test prep preferrable
- Excellent English communication skills- both verbal and written
- Reliable transport / personal vehicle preferred
- Able to tutor in central and mid–town Toronto (M postal codes)
– Open to new ideas and learning strategies
– Good communication and interpersonal/rapport building skills
– Patient, caring, dependable & flexible
Salary: $22.00 to $28.00 /hour
To apply send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
English Testing Canada – Various Cities
We are seeking qualified and experienced individuals to join our teaching team of IELTS Examiners. IELTS Examiners are responsible for conducting speaking tests to IELTS standards. Most shifts are Saturday afternoons and evenings, with occasional Sunday and Thursday shifts available.
Please indicate your city with your application.
Minimum Professional Requirements:
- An undergraduate or Master’s degree equivalent.
- TESOL or recognized equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant TESOL teaching experience (minimum one year post-certificate level qualification). The majority of this experience must relate to adult students (16 years +).
- The required professional attributes and interpersonal skills.
We are seeking staff who want to help us further our philosophy centred in diversity, progressiveness and equity. Our workplace is one where teamwork and respect are valued.
English Testing Canada welcomes applications from people with disabilities. If you require any accommodations to fully participate in the application process, please inform us.
Salary: $45.00 /hour
To receive further instructions in regards to the application process, send an e-mail to [email protected].
GEOS Language Plus
- Degree AND TESL Canada Certification (TESOL/TESL/TEAL)
- 3 years ESL teaching experience
- Native English speaker
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report to the Academic Coordinator on a weekly basis
- Know and understand program curriculum
- Place emphasis on task based learning
- Provid feedback, correction, evaluation, encouragement and direction to students throughout the program and specifically in reference to student lesson plans and practice lesson
- Use current ESL techniques, approaches and resources
- Plan and preparing for academic excursions
- Strong intercultural communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with a staff from a diverse background
Job type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
Please send your resume via email to [email protected]
ILSC – Vancouver
- Knowing and understanding the program curriculum
- Prepare materials to present to students
- Knowledge of the University of Cambridge ESOL – TKT exams
- Model an example of a good ESL teacher, including emphasizing a task based learning method.
- Working with the director with practicum placements and coordination
- Providing feedback, correction, encouragement and direction to students, specifically in reference to student lesson plans and practice lessons.
- Evaluating and documenting progress
- Keeping current in ESL techniques, approaches and resources
- Degree AND TESOL certification with 5 years ESL teaching experience and 2 years ESL teacher training experience
Please submit your resume via email to Sharlene.Reis[at]greystonecollege[dot]com